BikeDynamics Online Consultancy
Although no longer conducting 'in person' Bike Fittings, Mike Veal can offer online consultancy for both Fitting and Sizing.
Nothing can replace an ‘in person’ Bike Fitting but many fundamental errors can be rectified during an online consultation. Prior to the session, I will send you some body measurements to take and although not essential a side on video of you on a turbo trainer or rollers can also be helpful. The session can be over Zoom, Skype or Facetime, ideally be in the presence of the bike and will involve:-
- A discussion on your current riding and the problems you may be having.
- A review of the body dimensional data and video if available.
- A visual inspection of the current cleat positions.
- Recommendations on the changes required to the bike set up to achieve a suitable position (talking you through the changes at the time if necessary).
- If possible, seeing you back on the turbo in the new position to confirm the changes or recommend further modifications.
These sessions usually take around 45-60 minutes and are charged using my hourly rate of £75.
A phone or video conversation on your type of cycling, existing aches and pains, size, shape, flexibility, current bike size and goals, again preceded by taking some key body measurements. As a minimum, the outcome would be a recommendation for a suitable bike size and a range for stack, reach and effective top tube length. Ideally, we would be able to recommend which of a preferred manufacturer's product fitted you best, with suggestions for stem length, spacer stack height and crank lengths.
The sessions usually last around 30-60 minutes and are charged using my hourly rate of £75.